In the first week of June, India experiences the onset of the monsoon season in many regions. While some places may have heavy rainfall, there are still several destinations you can consider visiting during this time. Here are some popular places to visit in India in the first week of June:
1. Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir: Known for its stunning landscapes and high-altitude mountains, Ladakh experiences pleasant weather in June. The roads to Ladakh open up during this time, allowing you to explore places like Leh, Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso Lake, and monasteries such as Hemis and Thiksey.
2. Manali, Himachal Pradesh: Located in the picturesque Kullu Valley, Manali offers a pleasant escape from the summer heat. You can indulge in adventure activities, visit the Hadimba Temple, explore Solang Valley, and take a drive to Rohtang Pass.
3. Munnar, Kerala: Nestled amidst the Western Ghats, Munnar is a scenic hill station famous for its tea plantations, waterfalls, and lush greenery. June brings a refreshing charm to Munnar, and you can visit attractions like Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, and Tea Museum.
4. Darjeeling, West Bengal: Known for its tea gardens and panoramic views of the Himalayas, Darjeeling is a popular destination in June. You can take a ride on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (Toy Train), visit the Tiger Hill viewpoint, explore the Happy Valley Tea Estate, and enjoy the pleasant weather.
5. Goa: If you don't mind occasional showers, Goa can be a great destination in June. The tourist crowds are relatively lower, and you can enjoy the serene beaches, water sports, and the vibrant nightlife that Goa offers.
6. Rishikesh, Uttarakhand: Situated along the banks of the Ganges River, Rishikesh is known as the "Yoga Capital of the World." You can participate in yoga and meditation retreats, go river rafting, visit the famous Laxman Jhula and Ram Jhula bridges, and explore nearby temples and ashrams.
7. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh: Shimla is the capital city of Himachal Pradesh and a popular hill station known for its colonial charm and scenic beauty. In June, the weather in Shimla is pleasant, making it an ideal getaway from the summer heat. You can stroll along the Mall Road, visit the famous Christ Church, explore the Viceregal Lodge, and take a toy train ride from Kalka to Shimla to enjoy the picturesque landscapes.
Please note that weather conditions can vary, and it's advisable to check the local forecasts before planning your trip. Additionally, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is essential to stay updated on travel restrictions and follow all safety guidelines issued by authorities.