In India, the last week of June falls during the monsoon season, and certain regions experience heavy rainfall during this time. However, there are still several destinations that can be enjoyable to visit. Here are some of the best places to visit in India in the last week of June:
1. Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir: While most parts of India receive monsoon rains, Ladakh remains relatively dry and offers stunning landscapes. The weather is pleasant, and you can explore attractions like Pangong Lake, Nubra Valley, and monasteries.
2. Manali, Himachal Pradesh: Manali experiences pleasant weather in June and is an excellent choice for nature lovers. You can enjoy the scenic beauty, visit the Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass (if it's open), and indulge in adventure activities like paragliding and river rafting.
3. Munnar, Kerala: Munnar, known for its lush green tea plantations, is a popular hill station in South India. In June, you can experience the misty landscapes and enjoy the pleasant weather. Explore tea estates, visit the Eravikulam National Park, and take in the breathtaking views.
4. Coorg, Karnataka: Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is a charming hill station famous for its coffee plantations and scenic beauty. In June, Coorg receives moderate rainfall, adding to the charm of the place. You can visit Abbey Falls, Dubare Elephant Camp, and enjoy the local cuisine.
5. Goa: While June is part of the monsoon season in Goa, it can still be a good time to visit if you enjoy the lush greenery and fewer crowds. You can explore the beautiful beaches, indulge in water sports, and experience the vibrant nightlife.
6. Darjeeling, West Bengal: Darjeeling experiences monsoon showers in June, but it can still be a delightful destination to visit. You can enjoy the mist-covered hills, visit the tea gardens, ride the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, and witness the stunning sunrise from Tiger Hill.
7. Udaipur, Rajasthan: Udaipur is known as the "City of Lakes" and is a perfect romantic getaway. In June, the city experiences occasional showers, but the overall weather is pleasant. You can explore the beautiful Lake Pichola, visit the iconic City Palace, enjoy boat rides, and experience the rich cultural heritage of Rajasthan.
It's important to note that weather conditions can vary, and it's advisable to check the local forecasts and road conditions before planning your visit to these destinations in the last week of June.