India is a diverse and beautiful country that offers a range of travel options for people with varying budgets. Here are some of the best places to visit in India in May on a low budget:
1. Rishikesh: Rishikesh is a spiritual town in the northern state of Uttarakhand, famous for its yoga and meditation retreats, adventure sports, and beautiful scenery. You can stay in budget guesthouses and hostels and enjoy activities like white water rafting, bungee jumping, and hiking.
2. McLeod Ganj: McLeod Ganj is a charming hill station in Himachal Pradesh, famous for its Tibetan culture, stunning views of the Himalayas, and hiking trails. You can stay in budget guesthouses and hostels, and explore the town on foot.
3. Pondicherry: Pondicherry is a former French colony on the east coast of India, famous for its beaches, French architecture, and spiritual centers. You can stay in budget guesthouses and hostels, rent bicycles, and enjoy the town's laid-back vibe.
5. Hampi: Hampi is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the southern state of Karnataka, famous for its ruins of the Vijayanagara Empire, stunning landscapes, and boulder-strewn hills. You can stay in budget guesthouses and hostels, rent bicycles or mopeds, and explore the ruins on foot.
6. Pushkar: Pushkar is a small town in Rajasthan, famous for its sacred lake, colorful markets, and Brahma Temple. You can stay in budget guesthouses and hostels, enjoy the town's vibrant atmosphere, and attend the famous Pushkar Camel Fair in May.
7. Khajuraho: Khajuraho is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the central state of Madhya Pradesh, famous for its ornate temples and intricate carvings. You can stay in budget guesthouses and hostels, visit the temples, and explore the town's rural countryside.
These are just a few of the many affordable travel options available in India in May. With a little planning, you can enjoy a memorable and budget-friendly trip to India.