Maharashtra, a state in western India, is known for its diverse landscapes, rich history, and cultural heritage. Here are some of the best places to visit in monsoon in Maharashtra:
1. Lonavala and Khandala: These twin hill stations located near Mumbai are famous for their scenic beauty, waterfalls, and misty hills.
2. Matheran: A popular monsoon getaway near Mumbai, Matheran is known for its lush greenery, toy train rides, and panoramic views.
3. Mahabaleshwar: Located in the Sahyadri mountain range, Mahabaleshwar is known for its strawberry farms, scenic viewpoints, and waterfalls.
4. Bhandardara: A quaint village located near the Sahyadri mountain range, Bhandardara is famous for its pristine lakes, waterfalls, and trekking trails.
5. Nashik: A historic city located on the banks of the Godavari river, Nashik is known for its ancient temples, vineyards, and scenic beauty.
6. Amboli: A small hill station located in the Western Ghats, Amboli is famous for its waterfalls, misty hills, and trekking trails.
7. Tarkarli: Located on the Konkan coast, Tarkarli is famous for its pristine beaches, clear waters, and water sports.
8. Ajanta and Ellora caves: These UNESCO World Heritage sites located near Aurangabad are famous for their ancient rock-cut temples and sculptures.
9. Alibaug: A popular beach destination near Mumbai, Alibaug is known for its clean beaches, water sports, and historic forts.
10. Kolad: A small village located on the banks of the Kundalika river, Kolad is famous for its waterfalls, river rafting, and adventure activities.