1. Victoria Memorial: A magnificent marble building dedicated to Queen Victoria, surrounded by lush gardens. It houses a museum showcasing Kolkata's history and exhibits from the British era.
2. Howrah Bridge: An iconic symbol of Kolkata, this cantilever bridge spans the Hooghly River and connects the city with the Howrah district. It's best to visit during the evening to witness the bridge lit up.
3. Indian Museum: Established in 1814, it is the oldest and largest museum in India, housing an extensive collection of art, archaeology, and natural history artifacts.
4. Dakshineswar Kali Temple: Located on the banks of the Hooghly River, this temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali. It attracts devotees and tourists alike with its beautiful architecture and serene atmosphere.
5. Marble Palace: A stunning mansion built in the 19th century, it showcases a blend of European and traditional Bengali architecture. The palace displays an impressive collection of art, including paintings and sculptures.
6. Science City: An interactive science center and amusement park, offering educational exhibits, a space theater, and thrilling rides. It's a great place to learn and have fun with family and friends.
7. Park Street: Known as the "Food Street" of Kolkata, Park Street is lined with restaurants, cafes, and shops. It's a popular destination for food enthusiasts and a vibrant hub of nightlife.
8. Sundarbans National Park: Although a little outside Kolkata, it's worth mentioning this UNESCO World Heritage Site. It's one of the largest mangrove forests in the world, home to the Royal Bengal Tiger and diverse wildlife.
9. Birla Planetarium: A renowned center for astronomical studies and public education, the planetarium offers fascinating shows and exhibitions about space and celestial bodies.
10. Kalighat Temple: One of the most important pilgrimage sites for Hindus, this ancient temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali. It holds religious significance and attracts a large number of devotees.
These are just a few of the many attractions Kolkata has to offer. The city is rich in history, culture, and culinary delights, making it a fascinating destination for travelers.