India is a vast country with a rich cultural heritage, diverse landscapes, and numerous hidden gems that are waiting to be explored. Here are ten unknown places to visit in India that are worth exploring:
1. Ziro Valley, Arunachal Pradesh: Ziro Valley is a hidden gem in Arunachal Pradesh, known for its lush green landscapes, rice fields, and traditional Apatani villages. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
2. Kumbalgarh Fort, Rajasthan: Kumbalgarh Fort is a massive fortress in Rajasthan, known for its 36-kilometer-long wall that encircles the fort. It is also home to several temples and palaces.
3. Majuli Island, Assam: Majuli Island is the largest river island in the world, located in the Brahmaputra River in Assam. It is known for its unique culture, traditions, and vibrant festivals.
4. Mandu, Madhya Pradesh: Mandu is an ancient ruined city in Madhya Pradesh, known for its magnificent palaces, tombs, and mosques. It was once the capital of the Malwa Sultanate.
5. Khajjiar, Himachal Pradesh: Khajjiar is a picturesque hill station in Himachal Pradesh, known for its lush green meadows, dense forests, and beautiful lakes.
6. Dzukou Valley, Nagaland: Dzukou Valley is a hidden gem in Nagaland, known for its beautiful trekking trails, colorful flowers, and stunning landscapes.
7. Baratang Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands: Baratang Island is a beautiful island in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, known for its mangrove forests, limestone caves, and mud volcanoes.
8. Bhimbetka, Madhya Pradesh: Bhimbetka is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Madhya Pradesh, known for its ancient rock shelters and cave paintings dating back to prehistoric times.
9. Gokarna, Karnataka: Gokarna is a lesser-known beach destination in Karnataka, known for its pristine beaches, beautiful temples, and laid-back vibe.
10. Tarkarli, Maharashtra: Tarkarli is a hidden gem in Maharashtra, known for its white sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, and water sports like snorkeling and scuba diving.